This beautiful area of Costilla County is perfect for those who love the outdoors and are looking for majestic mountain views, beautiful terrain, and adventure. These 5.05 acres sit in the heart of the Sangre de Cristo Mountain range, is covered in lots of trees, and is mostly flat with a gentle slope on one side. It is 9 miles from the town of Fort Garland and 34 miles from Alamosa, where you can easily stock up on essentials whenever you need. It is also a mere 4 miles from the beautiful Mountain Home Reservoir, where you can fish until your heart is content. All in all, it is a perfect location - you can enjoy being close to civilization while being remote enough to take advantage of the wonderful natural resources around you. Get away from the madness of the cities and learn to love nature again. Use this as a private campsite or build your off-grid cabin. Your new life is yours for the taking.
We are open to owner financing as well - here is what that would look like:
- Total Money Down: down payment + closing cost)
- Monthly: for 63 months
See Info below.
- Subdivision: Sangre de Cristo Ranches
- State: Colorado
- County: Costilla
- Zip: 81133
- Size: 5.05 Acres
- Parcel: 70216420
- Legal Description: S.D.C.R. Unit E BLK 77 Lot 998 Cont. 5.049 Acres ( 201-212 )
- Lat/Long Coordinates:
- Annual Taxes: Approximately Zoning: Estate Residential
For a site built home, you need a 600sqft minimum footprint.
Mobile homes are Allowed.
You can camp for 14 days (every 3 months)
Temporary RV Occupancy permit available for up to 180 days if a well has been permitted or cistern installed and a septic or onsite waste management system has been installed ( fee - good for 60 days at a time while building, renewable).
Zoning office is open Monday through Thursday and can be contacted to answer any questions.
- Hoa/Poa: Optional - Very minor covenants - these can be viewed on our website. See the Sdcr HOA website for more details.
- Improvements: None
- Access: Dirt Road
- Water: Would be by well or holding tank
- Sewer: Would be by Septic
- Utilities: Alternative Energy (Solar, wind, or generator), Phone would be cellular or Satellite. Tv/Internet would be Satellite