Experience stunning seclusion on this beautiful 5 acre lot in the Sangre De Cristo Ranches. The property has tree coverage (scattered across the property with denser tree coverage in the Southeast corner) and beautiful rolling terrain, with lots of vegetation and a possible seasonal creek. From the lot you have beautiful views of Mt. Lindsey and Blanca Peak, as well as the rolling foothills surrounding you. The lot is just 11.5 miles from the town of Fort Garland, 36 miles from Alamosa (a small city), and just 13.5 miles from a beautiful fishing lake (Mountain Home Reservoir). Use this as a private campsite, or build your off-grid cabin.
The Sangre de Cristo Ranches is perfect for anyone who loves the outdoors, and is looking for majestic mountain views, and beautiful terrain. This area sits in the heart of the Sangre de Cristo Mountain range, and was originally developed by Malcolm Forbes (founder of Forbes magazine). The landscape within the 44,000 acre Ranches varies from sagebrush and Pinon at the lower elevations, and Aspen and various tall pine varieties above 9,000 ft.
We are open to owner financing as well - here is what that would look like:
- Total Money Down: $299($49 downpayment + $250 closing cost)
- Monthly: $199/Month for 63 months
See Info below.
- Subdivision: Sangre De Cristo Ranches
- Google Maps:
- State: Colorado
- County: Costilla
- Zip: 81133
- Size: 5.07 Acres
- Parcel: 70242060
- Legal Description: S.D.C.R. Unit K-2 BLK 228 Lot 4853 Cont. 5.070 Ac
- Lat/Long Coordinates:
37.5106, -105.2917 Nw
37.5109, -105.2893 Ne
37.5099, -105.2890 Se
37.5099, -105.2916 Sw
- Annual Taxes: Approximately $93.52/Year
- Zoning: Estate Residential (Er)
--- For a site built home, you need a 600sqft minimum footprint.
--- Mobile homes are Allowed.
--- You can camp for 14 days (every 3 months)
--- Temporary RV Occupancy permit available ($250 fee - good for 90 days at a time while building, renewable).
--- Zoning office is open Monday through Thursday and can be contacted to answer any questions.
- Hoa/Poa: Yes but its voluntary
- Access: Dirt Road
- Water: Would have to drill a well or haul a water (Water tank)
- Sewer: Septic would have to be installed
- Utilities: Solar, or contact Excell Energy